Part-time (30 hours/week)
Howdy! You’ve come to the right place to apply for the Community Support role. This gig is part-time (30 hours/week) and located in our Printer's Row offices in Chicago, IL. Help keep the happy faces on folks using Carbonmade!
Carbonmade is a small but spirited bunch of doofuses making amazing web things. We currently help more than half a million people show off their work. We’re always embarking on new projects and thus need a few more crafty sorts on board.
What you'll be doing:
- becoming a friendly, easy-going, upbeat problem solver for our customers
- settling support tickets, chargebacks and handling (minimal) phone calls
- maintaining customer FAQs and support materials (carbonmade.com/help)
- routine run-throughs of our apps to check that things are humming along nicely
- developing and running a process for testing out new features
- producing bug reports and working with developers to find solutions to open tickets
- love solving problems and sending people away happy
- very good at communicating and keeping a calm, cool attitude
- have built or tinkered with a website or two of your own
- familiar with the internet’s inner workings like DNS, domain registrations etc
- organized, trained in some sort of martial art, have multiple fingers
In addition to a competitive salary, every Carbonmade employee gets a fancy schmancy Mac, a comfy Aeron chair and whatever gadgets they need to get the job done. We also offer healthcare, dental care and a vision plan. Lunch and snacks are served daily. Plus, you get to work with some of the raddest folks in all the lands. Huzzah!
How to apply:
For this role, we want to meet someone who plays well with others but can also quietly tackle tickets like a boss. Cruise through the Carbonmade FAQs to get a quick sense of the support issues you’d handle for us. We just might ask you how you’d respond based on primal instinct (and perhaps experience) alone!
- shoot us your resume but we’ll also take links or samples that showcase your web/tech prowess if you’ve got em