Part-time (30 hours/week)
Howdy! You’ve come to the right place to apply for the Community Support role. This gig is part-time (30 hours/week) and located in our Printer's Row offices in Chicago, IL. Help keep the happy faces on folks using Carbonmade!
Carbonmade is a small but spirited bunch of doofuses making amazing web things. We currently help more than half a million people show off their work. We’re always embarking on new projects and thus need a few more crafty sorts on board.
What you'll be doing
- becoming a friendly, easy-going, upbeat problem solver for our customers
- settling support tickets, chargebacks and handling (minimal) phone calls
- maintaining customer FAQs and support materials (carbonmade.com/help)
- routine run-throughs of our apps to check that things are humming along nicely
- developing and running a process for testing out new features
- producing bug reports and working with developers to find solutions to open tickets
- love solving problems and sending people away happy
- very good at communicating and keeping a calm, cool attitude
- have built or tinkered with a website or two of your own
- familiar with the internet’s inner workings like DNS, domain registrations etc
- organized, trained in some sort of martial art, have multiple fingers
In addition to a competitive salary, every Carbonmade employee gets a fancy schmancy Mac, a comfy Aeron chair and whatever gadgets they need to get the job done. We also offer healthcare, dental care and a vision plan. Lunch and snacks are served daily. Plus, you get to work with some of the raddest folks in all the lands. Huzzah!
How to apply
For this role, we want to meet someone who plays well with others but can also quietly tackle tickets like a boss. Cruise through the Carbonmade FAQs to get a quick sense of the support issues you’d handle for us. We just might ask you how you’d respond based on primal instinct (and perhaps experience) alone!
- shoot us your resume but we’ll also take links or samples that showcase your web/tech prowess if you’ve got em